Saturday, January 3, 2009

Challenges

Who is up for a good challenge this year? Last year at this time, I was in the early stages of preparing for the Indianapolis 1/2 marathon. It proved to be very challenging after mile 11, when my leg cramped up and I could barely walk, let alone run. I finished, I was successful...I pushed forward. In less than 20 days, Predident-Elect Obama will take the oath of office to become the 44th President of the United States. What an honor! Mr. Obama will face many challenges this next four years. Just to name a few: 1) Economy 2) Afghanistan 3) Iraq 4) Israel/Gaza 5) India/Pakistan. His decisions could affect our nation for many years to come. The idea of "change" he campaigned on and won with, will hopefully happen. Since his historic win, a shadow has been casted in filling his former Senate seat in Illinois. President-Elect Obama needs to stay focused on the issue at hand and perservere through the trying times our nation faces, as another great president once did. Abraham Lincoln, also from Illinois, faced great trials, but brought people together to solve the problems (challenges) we faced as a nation.

No comments: